Thursday, February 26, 2009

The story so far!

A bit of background to the project.
Anita and I bought this house about 7-8 years ago. It was a great fixerupperer and was oozing with potential. At any rate where getting it for a steel. I mean its practically land value only that we would be paying. Do you think that we are ready for this? are we doing the right...... Sorry was I having a flashback?

About 18 months after moving in, with must gusto and purpose we set about building a small extension. Should have that knocked on the head in about six months. How hard could it be?

Sustained enthusiasm has never been my forte and so 5+ years latter we still live in a half finished 2 bedroom fibro home which is bound to give us terminal lung cancer one day.

And so with out putting you to sleep this early in the piece, we decided to knock it over and start again. If only I had done that in the first place.

During the Christmas holiday break I got all excited once again and made an important desision.
I engaged the services of an architect.
Now I have never had that great a relationship with architects. But at least this time he would be working for me.

To cut a long story short, we have had a few meetings mulled over a few preliminary braod brush sketches argued, created, discussed and mulled again. We now have a fairly firm concept of what we want to build. At least thats what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment