Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Could it all be as simple as just ply???

So we had a meeting with the artichoke last night and left with our heads spinning. In the 1:15 we were sitting in his office he had pretty much thrown out the work we were there to see and redrawn it. All because Anita said "I don't like the bricks" and after calling one of his other designs a "bit to American" he was much subdued and set about altering. walls have moved a bit this way and that, ( I cant show you cause they are in the bin remember) some rooms are a little larger now including the garage WOOHOO!!! we may need to turn a corner to walk into the hall but apart from that its still basically the same house. We did however seem to fall into the trap of letting function follow form which is a bit disappointing but I'm over it now.
We left him pondering and with our heads whizzing we set off for dinner.
This morning I was bombarded with email from the architect brochures and drawings and unfortunately a progress claim but here is a new front elevation to marvel at :p

4 comments:

  1. Yeah thats great and all but whats that got to do with the title????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I see now it was a vauge reference to a note on the architect sketch. Wow Tim you are so clever. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you comment on yourself - first of all.
    Secondly he was not subdued. An the "American" comment had nothing to do with our house design. Not sure about the hall having a corner but will judge when the next sketches are in and if I don't like it he can go back to the drawing board - that's what we're paying him for.

    ReplyDelete